Friday, September 20, 2013

Oreo Cookie Lab

Nick Jorge
9/20/13

This week we have done an Oreo lab. The assignment was to find the mass of the filling in a oreo. But we had to find the mass of a normal oreo, double stuff oreo, and mega stuff oreos. The variable of this lab is the filling in the oreo. The independent variable  is three different types of oreos.

Hypothesis: I thought that the filling is just double of the previous oreo. Like mega stuff would be 2 of the double stuff.

To do this experiment I first measured the weight in grams of the first oreo. I then writ the measurement. I did it with all the oreos and each one is basically just a gram more than than previous cookie.

Results: The results are below  in grams.

             The original-1g
             Double stuff- 2.01g
             Mega Stuff- 2.99g

Conclusion: Each of the fillings are just a gram more than the filling before and my hypothesis was close but not 100% right






No comments:

Post a Comment